Release music you’re proud of and make your band stand out from the crowd
We guide you through the process of making kick-ass recordings on your own, so you can be creative without headaches, frustration, or wasted time and money.
Want personal 1-on-1 mentoring?
Book your first FREE coaching call to get:
More than 200 artists and bands from 13 different countries are already using our programs to level up their skills
Free video & checklist:
The DIY Musician’s Guide To Exciting Mixes That Connect
This probably sounds familiar to you:
- You wanted to record your next record yourself, but after countless hours of research, it still seems overwhelming.
- You’re making progress, but the process is slow and frustrating. And when you compare your recordings to your favorite records, you probably don’t feel too good about your results.
- There’s conflicting information and you still can’t put all the pieces together.
- Or maybe you haven’t even started putting your home studio together, because it just seems like too much. After all, you just want to make music, right?
We Got You!
We set out to eliminate all the confusion and overwhelm by creating a personal step-by-step roadmap for you and guiding you along the way.
You get exactly the information and feedback you need in order to reach your goals. And with our help you’ll finally be able to make confident decisions and stop second-guessing yourself.
READY TO MAKE TRULY IMPRESSIVE DIY-RECORDINGS?
You're only a few simple steps away from completely transforming your sound:
Now what's next? What happens if this is a perfect fit for both of us and we agree to collaborate?
We've built different programs and solutions, each designed to help a specific type of artist in a specific situation. So we'll choose the perfect package for you and guide you through it to make sure you'll get your desired results.
HERE'S HOW OUR CORE OFFER AND ULTIMATE COACHING PROGRAM, THE SELF-RECORDING SYNDICATE, WORKS
Three steps to go from song ideas to finished productions
Step 1 - Creating Your Roadmap
- We talk about where you are right now, what your goals are with your music, and what’s still missing
- With this information, we create a personalized, step-by-step plan for you, so you can rest assured you’ll stay on track.
Step 2 - You'll learn the ins and outs of recording your own music and get all your questions answered.
- You get 12 months of 1-on-1 coaching + group coaching
- You’ll implement what you learn and submit your results.
- We’ll give you feedback and show you exactly where to make changes until you get the results you’re going for.
- We’ll be there the entire time to help you overcome any problems along the way.
- We’ll hold you accountable, remind you of whatever needs to be done next and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You get to see behind the scenes of other home studios and connect with your peers
- We’ll exchange ideas as a group and help each other move forward
Step 3 - Consistent improvement and keeping the momentum up
- After your initial 12 months, you can stay on a monthly basis and build upon the knowledge and confidence you've already gained.
- Keep the momentum up, keep making progress, dive into really advanced topics and avoid hitting a plateau
- Stay in our community and collaborate with your peers, using your new skills and confidence
At the end you’ll have:
Finished recordings that you’ll be proud of forever and happily show the world.
A fully functional home studio, as well as the skills and confidence to keep making exciting recordings consistently in the future.
The Best Time To Start Is Now
Stop wasting time and money!
Stop putting out amateur sounding music that doesn't get you anywhere as an artist!
If you finally want to be your own producer and release exciting music consistently that sounds exactly the way you’ve envisioned it, so you can proudly show it to the world, then book your first free coaching call to see if we can help you move your band forward.
Learning to record yourself is the best way to make the record you want to make
During the last couple of years, countless bands and artists have already successfully made records themselves. Some of them even won Grammys and Platinum Awards!
If done well, this way of working offers not only great sounding results but also the freedom and flexibility that enable artists to be creative and explore their full potential without the stress of a high-cost studio weighing you down.
Here’s why DIY recording might be the perfect option for you:
It doesn’t take a big budget, expensive gear and a perfect room to get excellent results that will impress people and help you achieve your goals.
You have all the time you need to go into as much detail as you want and do the writing, pre-pro and actual recording sessions all in the studio, without having to pay a fortune.
PEACE OF MIND
You don’t need to hire producers that are not skilled enough or don’t understand your vision. The market is flooded with inexperienced engineers and producers, so why not invest in yourself instead?
You can create your own schedule and make the music production process fit in with everything else that’s going on in your life
You can build a home studio that you can use over and over again in the future instead of booking studios
You are the producer, so you can make the record you want and have total creative freedom.
You can rely on us to guide you through this
Here’s why you can trust us:
We've been professional producers and mixers for years and many self-recording bands got signed or played on the radio after working with us.
After more than a decade of helping DIY musicians produce label quality releases through our studio services, we’ve refined and documented our process that just works over and over again.
We help a growing community of thousands through our podcast and blog articles.
And we are very well connected in our part of the music industry, so we can help you find the perfect collaborators or service providers if you need additional help with anything
We can teach you all you need to know about gear and we always stay on top of new hardware and software releases. So we will help you choose, set up and navigate the technology that fits your way of working and your desired result perfectly.
We build a personal, unique roadmap just for you that includes all you need to reach your specific goals and completely eliminates confusion and overwhelm.
And we hold you accountable to make sure you actually finish your projects.
We review your work and monitor your progress throughout the process to make sure you’re actually meeting the standard necessary to achieve your goals
We give you valuable feedback and action steps so you’ll always know exactly what to work on next
We have specialized coaches for certain topics like guitar setup or acoustics who are among the best in the world in their fields
We know exactly where you’re coming from, have started with zero experience, no budget and made every possible mistake along the way. So we’ll make sure you don’t have to make those same mistakes and get there 10x faster.
here’s what people are saying about WORKING WITH US:
“Just had a 1-1 session with Benedikt and I learned more in that one (and quite a bit) hour on creating a great sonic landscape in general and for a specific song than many hours trawling YouTube. I got answers to questions I didn’t even know I had. Well worth the fee for such excellent and personalised tuition. Thanks.”
"What I enjoyed the most is the passion which Benedikt shows for his craft, which motivates to get started and try out new things to create a unique sound.
On top of that you get bonus sessions with professionals, an online community to share thoughts with fellow musicians and really valuable Q&A sessions to support you during the recording process."
Love Forty Down
“I do DIY recordings for 20 + years. So I think I know a thing or two about recording. That´s why I had my doubts if this program could really tell me things I don´t know already. How could I´ve been more wrong?
The Self-Recording Band Academy turned out to be the best resource I ever chose to learn from! I literally learned more during this program than in the 20 years before!"